We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 30 August 2010

SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGE - GLITTER & SPARKLE

Good afternoon! How are you all enjoying the bank holiday weekend? The weather has been a bit unpredictable but hopefully the sun has shined for part of it!
Thank You for your great entries to our spotlight on the spotlight technique especally those having a crack at it for the first time, easy isnt it! I shall be back with a winner later on and our winners for the birthday challenge as I'll probably be out today!

Our new spotlight is on GLITTER & SPARKLE the more the merrier! It runs for 2 weeks as always and if you also want to play in the main challenge of Lady Gaga's video inspiration as some of the team have done and you use glitter & sparkle you can enter both (No backlinking sorry)
I have the following up for grabs for ths one....
  • A bottle of dazzling diamonds glimmer mist - This gives an excellent clear sparkle finish to your cards.
  • A sakura stardust pen in clear - Great for adding highlights and is VERY sparkly!
  • A quickie glue pen - Use this to add loose glitters or glamour dust when the glue is blue or let t dry clear and add foils, fab tool!
The team have had some fun with this so I'll hand over to them to show their sparkly creations!



I used the colors Black,white,and red. I loved the mirror in the video, so that's how I came up with the shape. The black card front was scored on a diagonal in both directions and the I rubbed white pigment it across to make it pop. This pattern reminded me of the wire mess. Of course we have rhinestones, metal, and lots of pearl glimmer mist(hard to see) . I couldn't stop with the card front.



So many things inspired me when I watched the video (for the first time for this challenge, as a matter of fact-lol). I chose the colors red, white & black. I made a shaped easle card. What you see here is some wire mesh with glitter underneath, a silver doily with a fabricky flower on top of it. Red lacy ribbon accents the center of both the top & bottom aspects of the easle. Eye Candy bling can be seen on the top & clear embossed stamped images are on the bottom (can't really see) beside the sentiment that says "The world is but a canvas to the imagaination". Underneath the easle are more goodies such as a silver doily homemeade flower, more mesh, more glitter & a couple roses (stems seen here with ribbon tied around them).





What I took from the Lady GaGa video was white, silver, a hint of red, and lots of shiny! I did a four part backing using two pieces of silver/transparent gauze-type material I bought a while ago, and two bits of silver - one holographic and one embossed. To this, I added some Prima flowers which have been edged in either silver or red glitter and finished with some jewelled brads I've been hoarding for a few years. Finally, I added some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, another from Hobbycraft and some swirls I cut with my new Spellbinders swirls die set.





When I viewed the video, I got the inspiration to a black and silver card. I love glitter, so it had to have lots and lots of glitz. The image is Ballerina Tilda, stamped in memento black ink and then coloured in with copic's. The dress is coloured with silver and black glitter. I use the same glitter on the shoes and tiara. I added stickles to the base and ribbon on the shoes and also on the tiara. I cut 3 scalloped ovals using nesties from black card and Miri board. These I edged them with the same glitters. I layered some miri board on top of some black card. I added a strip of black card and some silver ric rac. I created a black flower edged with silver glitter and stickles. I cut some leaves from same card. I created some coordinating embellishment pins, which contain wooden beads that I have covered with the same glitter. These I arranged with the flower on the corner of the card. I have called this card "Lady Maga"!





I've taken my inspiration from the colours white and silver with a touch of red. I embossed some silver card with the Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons folder and some white with the Swiss Dots folder. I edged the white with silver Stickles. The large snowflake is cut with a Sizzix die using silver card and white glitter card. The small snowflakes are punched. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and I edged it with a Sakura glitter gel pen. I added some red jewels, white organza ribbon, silver string and a red button from my stash.





Who can resist a bit of Glitz n' Bling!!
The digi is Stars from Mo Manning coloured with a mixture of pink & purple ProMarkers & silver glitter Sakuras. Bronte (The Dog) has been decoupaged. Mounted onto some Bazzill Bling card with backing paper & a strip of ribbon from the Laura Ashley Traditional collection with silver Stickles Glitter Glue highlights & silver gem stars.



Melly

Don't we all just love sparkle? I just couldn't wait to get out my glitter and gloss and get messy!I used my new magnolia stamp that my hubby got me with the fab new Prima papers, sanded the edges added loads of glitter to both the paper and image. Coloured with promarkers and finished with gloss on the leaves, gems and ribbon from stash.



I have used Her Handbag and The Shoe images from Sketching Stamper, I love these images - I think they look so glamourous :o), and coloured them with Promarkers and just a little(!) of Champagne coloured Stickles, I also used Glossy Accents on the jewel clasp on the front of the bag. I then edged the white card with a small toning inkpad, cut around the shoe and used foam pads to stick it in front of the handbag.
My backing papers are from the aptly named All Dressed Up stack from DCWV and as they were already glittered they seemed perfect for this card. The sentiment is an old Stampin Up one and the oval and scalloped oval are cut with Stampin Up punches. The flowers are Prima and the centre is a small punched circle cut from the left over DP and covered with Glossy Accents.


Joy

I used a tall card with a pink glitter border, then added a black evening dress on it's hanger, a pair of shoes, gloves, a necklace, two different hats & handbags plus a ring, they are all in black & have silver glitter outlines & features. Finally, I added a thin line of red glitter glue round the edges of the card between the glitter border & the area with the clothes etc.




I've used a Lily of the Valley stamp, coloured with promarkers, with added shading using Koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador. I've added sparkle to the image with glamour dust. The papers are My Minds Eye and are covered in glitter, the pink and blue cardstock is shimmery. I embossed a panel of the blue cardstock with a cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, added a computer generated sentiment and some little punched snowflakes with pink stickles in the centres. Sparkle overload!!

Please add your entries to the froggy link below. Challenge closes at 9am on Monday 13th September. Maximum of 3 entries, no backlinking and please follow the challenge set of glitter & sparkles. Thank You!



10 comments:

  1. AMAZING DT samples, thanks so much for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the challenge, don't often get my glitters out so it made a nice change. Love the DT's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go :) Bit of sparkling into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DT always do such a wonderful job of inspiration. I love visiting this blog and with my love of bling and glitter and sparkle. This was the perfect challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgalicious DT creations, another wonderful Spotlight Challenge.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely inspiring cards here girls. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.