We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 23 August 2010

CHALLENGE 28 - VIDEO INSPIRATION

Good afternoon all! Thank You for helping us celebrate our first birthday with your fantastic entries! We'll be back soon with the winner of that and Melly's Top 5 when we've finished our rounds, I think everyone is run off their feet with the school holidays lately! Thank You once again to Joanna Sheen for sponsoring us!

A couple of announcements that our teamie Judie has decided to step down from the team due to family commitments and working on her new online shop. Thanks for all the creatons Judie, we'll really miss your crazy self and good luck with everything!
Also we are now on facebook so hope you can 'like' us there and ask any questions you may have!
*****************************

CHALLENGE 28 - VIDEO INSPIRATION (LADY GAGA)


Lady Gaga Bad Romance video






Time for a walk on the wild side and a bit of fun at Crafty Cardmakers! I'm often asked as I'm sure a lot of you are "Where do you get inspiration?" Well a source I use often is Music & Video - they can spark off a lot of ideas when the mojo has taken a hike! I haven't seen a video inspiration challenge before and we do like to try new things here so I've chosen Lady Gaga's Bad Romance video plus its been viewed over 250 millon times on you tube so can't be that bad! I've given you some help along the way too!

The challenge is to base your creation on things you pick out from the video (or the still photos here) The video can be found here on You Tube (There is a copy of it posted further up here too). It could be a colour choice, shoes, fashion, lyrics, metallics, lots there so be creative.
In case you can't view the video for any reason there are some still photos further down the post to help :)

*********************




When I watched the video and saw shoes I immediately thought of Susie Sugar at Die Cut Dreams with her gorgeous shoe die cuts. She's a great sport and is sponsoring us with a fabulous prize of approx £10 worth of die cuts, photo below shows a selection of them. Thank You Susie!

"Hi, my name is Susie. I'm in my early 40's, Mum to 2 lovely teenage sons Reid & Woody and wife to my best friend Garry. I have been crafting since 2005 when the bug bit me. I now run my own design die cut business called Die Cut Dreams ( http://www.diecutdreams.com/ ). I love most types of paper crafting, and often wonder what I did with all my time before I started crafting and blogging ...... There just isn't enough hours in the day as I'm totally addicted to all things crafty and couldn't imagine life without craft and my blog"



GDT - Susie Sugar


A still from the video showing shoes!




Vicki Garrett designer for Kraftin Kimmie stamps has also let me borrow one of her fab creations using one of the Drucilla stamps which when I saw Lady Gaga's hair I immediately thought of this stamp range.

VICKI GARRETT - DT for KRAFTIN KIMMIE STAMPS


Crazy hair


And over to our regular team to strut their stuff, thanks girls what a fab job you did!

Lin




I focused on the red part of the video too but also drew inspiration from the bit where she seems to be auctioned off, hence the chain in my image. Again I used a KennyK digistamp as they are edgy like Lady G herself. I coloured it with a combination of promarkers, prismas, and digitally! Couldn't get the shade of red I wanted with either of the others so I reprinted the stamp with the skirt already coloured on the pc, but the rest I coloured myself. I knew there was a reason I hated red, so difficult to match colours. The red punched part represents the mesh on her silver outfit. Didn't even try to colour it in with all silver! BPs from my stash, shrink plastic corset, swirls courtesy of Marianne Creatables.



Vix



For this challenge I picked out the black and diamonds and kept being drawn to the Red Hearts stamp by sweet pea. I've applied glitter around the papers and image, her glove and wings with lots of sparkly sticky gems and some tiny nail gems on her bodice and bracelet. I gave the card a final spray of dazzling diamonds glimmer mist.







So much inspiration could be found in this video, I chose the colours black, red and silver. I chose the digi image from Kenny K and had no problems colouring it with promarkers (apart from my first attempt covered her up a little too much !) , the struggle was to make the card, I stuck to basics, matting layering, stamping and stickers with a few gems.




I liked the bit where she was looking in the mirror, so I've used a silver metal frame with a face, stamped in Brilliance Starlite Silver on glossy card. The Harlequin background (diamonds) is embossed in silver and white glitter Embossing powder and the silver mesh is attached by brads (more diamonds) and double sided tape, behind the frame. The background and word are layered on silver mirror card.


There are so many themes and images in the Bad Romance video it was hard to choose !I have made a card inspired by the red and white lace costumes and lots of bling. I have decoupaged a stamped image, coloured it in with my Promarkers and use die cutting and embossing for texture and made a cute little flower with some lace. Details of all items used are on my blog



What a great video, I got so many ideas from this. I decided to go with White and Silver for my card cos they are favourites of mine. And of course I had to have a bit of bling! The word at the side represents the theme of the song and the crown on the top I got from those lovely crowns the dancers were wearing. I would have liked to have used PVC but didn't have any so tripple-embossed the letters instead. Full details of what I used are on my blog.





For my card inspired by the Lady Gaga video "Bad Romance" I focused mainly on her red lace clothes in one part of the video and all the lovely bling in the video. I have used a fab digi stamp from Kenny K(I think she looks quite a bit like Lady Gaga!) and coloured it with my ProMarkers. The glittery Bp is from Making Memories. The card, lace and bling is all from my stash.




Hope you like our crazy challenge and have fun! Please enter your link into Froggy so we can come visit you!

Some still pictures for you!

Red & Lace


Black & Diamonds


Castles!! How about Lavinia stamps or Tildas castle?

Circles, Spinner cards
Shooz & bling
Mesh, white, silver, bling bling, underwear cards!





7 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I love Lady Gaga and this is my favorite song by her! I cannot wait to get started. And OMG at the dts cards, they are so right on the money for this inspiration, fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks soooo much, I love lady G too, cant stop singing bad romance now, been singing it at work all day!
    thanks again
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome fun challenge, Can't wait to create mine.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lady Gaga and she inspired me for this dress.
    The base of the dress is made of recycled paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Girls
    great challenge really enjoyed it, wished id scrolled down b4 now! lol, Gorgeous DT cards, thanks sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops almost forgot..DT creations are all GORGALICIOUS!

    Thanks again for such a fun challenge, the concept is genius!

    Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great DT cards! I happen to love Lady GaGa and I have Grandkids that love her too. I think the nice thing about this challenge is that it gives everyone a chance to pick what inspires them. You don't have to like the music or video to find something. Heck I don't care for country music, but I know I could find something that would spark my creative juices..lol I just love the freedom that this challenge has allowed. To me it's the concept of the video challenge, not the individual video. I loved it and hope you do more. Great job!

    This challenge has been loads of fun! Thanks for trying new ideas. Hope this concept is a keeper!!!!x 10

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.