We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 28 December 2009

Challenge #11 - Favourites of 2009


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are recovering! Many thanks for your entries for our previous sketch challenge, such beautiful works! Its been a busy hectic time for everyone so I thank you for taking the time to join us! Also a big thank you to Debbie Dolphin for being our special guest and to Donna's Den of Crafts for the £10 voucher!

As we had a very quiet week as did most of blogland I'd like to award the Top 3 to ALL entrants because I know how hectic it was and as a thank you for taking time out to join us so that is...

Vicky, Cheryl, Kazabing, Caro, Beverley, Susan & Sue! Well Done ladies x


Donna's also shown me a new toy so I'm using it for the first time now :D


The winner of Donna's Den voucher is....CHERYL!


Please email me so I can arrange your voucher x


There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
cheryl
sue
vicky
susan
beverley
kazabing
caro
Timestamp: 2009-12-30 00:24:17 UTC


**********************************

CHALLENGE 11 - FAVOURITES OF 2009

This challenge is to think about what you've used this year, what has been your favourite products and/or techniques and more importantly why so please create something using products or techniques new to you this year. You can use one favourite or several the choice is yours but please do tell us which it is and why you think its the bees knees :)

Now if you're anything like me you may not have bought the item this year, it may have been in stash for a while until rediscovered and its become a new best friend!


Please post links to your entries in the comments box below by Monday 11th January 2010 at 12pm GMT.




We are sponsored again by Joanna Sheen who has such a huge assortment of craft items to suit all tastes in her online shop. Her newest items are more colours of memento inkpads, essential if santa brought you promarkers or copics! Meltdust powders and papers which is a fabulous new product for embossing computer printed images, I soooooo want some of these! There are lots of new CD's, the new promarker starter sets and the sought after Martha Stewart punches, go check them out!


Our ladies have been busy bees over christmas but have squeezed in some time to produce some creations for you for this challenge so thank you ladies for your time and wonderful creations x





This simple card uses a new stamp I've got which came in a set from Kodomo called Birds. I love these stamps they are so detailed (and cheap, Lol). I have stamped it with Brilliance Black, mounted it on silver and then layered it onto a piece of white card I ran through my faithful Cuttlebug with the Birds and Swirls folder. All is then mounted on a white card blank. The sentiment is a peel-off stuck onto a piece of silver card. As that cute little lemur says - simples!



I used a pale cream coloured card which had a wavy side which is narrower on the front than the back, I added a silver Oval shape which had a similar wavy edge using double sided tape, and having used two of the circular flower stamps which I had bought from Studio24 and coloured them using watercolour pencils I stuck them onto the card using foam pads, finally I added some yellow stars on the inside of the card.




Judie



Well, this challenge was a good one, use your fav thing of 2009, mine without a doubt is my rippy ruler - I have used this so so much - so i have used two different baking papers which have been ripped with my faithful friend, A tilda image used, and some birthday ribbon, i have added some beads to give it a bit of bling as this is my sons girlfriends 18th birthday card. Thanks for looking everyone. Enjoy yourself xx



I decided to make this challenge using the promarkers I got for Christmas this year, I have also used the gorgeous brads and jewels I received from secret Santa!! The main technique of the card is matting and layering which is my favourite and the image is stamped and coloured using the promarkers (need a bit of practice !!) I added the brads and jewels for extra effect.



I've had lots of favourites this year - as I only started stamping earlier on in the year a lot of things have been 'new favourites' for me too, so it took me a while to decide what I'd use for this card! I've been quite hooked on Digistamp Boutique images so I chose one of their new ones, coloured with my favourite promarkers. The papers are Doodlebug, with DCWV cardstock. I've used some Green Tara flowers with a little button centre, and added a little butterfly sticker (mounted onto acetate and cut out) in the opposite corner. The fancy frame is made with Nellie Snellen circle dies, which have been a bit of an obsession for me for the last couple of months!










The favourite products I have used for this card are Clare Curd papers from Papermania and the Cuttlebug Butterflies dies. I have wanted those forever and have used them loads. The dotty texture used here is my favourite and looks great when used with sanded cardstock to distress it. Of course bling in any guise is a must too :). The central panel on this card was made by scoring a grid pattern and sewing a small bead at each intersection. It took ages to do but the results were amazing and worth the effort for a special card.




My favourite things for 2009 and also new to me were copics (May) and promarkers (August) and digital stamps (about the same time) and also the large bead caps used as flower centres, K&Co papers, beads and charms.
Image is Summer Fairy by The Greetings Farm coloured with copics and promarkers. I love the pastel green shades. Papers are K&Co sweet stack and My Minds Eye. The swirly stamp I've had for at least 3 years but its only got a run out this year and I used cut n dry foam to colour round the image with heritage shimmer inks, again I've had these years but only come out to play this year. The mulberry flowers and the beady strand I've also had at least 5 years or more but have had a new lease of life thanks to Tab Robinsons beautiful use of them on her blog. Sticky gems are my personal favourite and I use them on most cards! The big flowers I got from port sunlight show in October :)




Now may I have the pleasure of introducing our special guest designer for this challenge which is Vicky from Kip's Cards!


Vicky is a regular player on our challenges and keeps catching my eye not only for her beautifully creative work but also the photography surrounding the creation too, that is as much of a pleasure to look at as the card itself! Hop over to her blog and see more of her stunning creations, you wont be disappointed! Vicky also posts up tutorials from time to time so well worth checking back to see whats new! Thank You Vicky for being our special guest!



SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER - VICKY - KIP'S CARDS


I started card making about three year's ago... I learned all my technique's from watching Create and Craft, I am a addict stamper and love all the programmes that involved stamping,and this challenge is about our favourite product's for this year and that for me is Copic Pen's... They have given me so many more option's...and make matching my project's so much easier... They take some practice, but since finding blogland, I have learned so much more...







EMAIL ENTRIES


By Rachel H

Thank You for entering this sweet card Rachel and I love the 3d flowers!

60 comments:

  1. All the cards are brilliant, well done every - Vix thanks for taking the time to carry on with this as this is your birthday, hope you have a fab day hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards DT ladies! Happy Birthday Vix! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Vix, I have just finished my post...Thank's for using both card's and for the nice thing's you said...your not so bad yourself...lol..
    I hope your having a fab birthday, and thank's for asking me to join in with the DT this week, I can relax now it done...lol.
    I am just off to finish the blog hop with The Stampman now, so will catch up with my commenting later...
    Take care and Happy Birthday...
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    You can see my entry here
    As I said in my posting - I had never used digital images before I started blogging and so that would have to be my favourite new "toy" of 2009.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone,

    Lovely DT cards. here is my entry

    Hugs Ali x

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards again ladies, well done. Thanks for your time on your birthday Vix, hope u have had a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New year girls, Great challenge and fab DT work Here is my entry My Favourite thing is my Sewing machine I bought it this year thinking will it be £250 down the drain making another expensive ornament that I never use or another 5 minute wonder like the cricut machine I bought and sold after using it just a couple of times ...but no its a dream I love stitching my paper craft projects and cards so much so I have a seperate desk just for sewing now .....so there you have it my fav product is my Janome Sewing machine
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab challenge and I found this easy here's my card happy 2010 thanks Julye

    ReplyDelete
  9. what gorgeous cards! here is my entry http://craftieodamae.blogspot.com/2009/12/young-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great challenge. All these cards are so creative. Thanks for letting us play!
    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely challenge & great DT-work!

    Here is my entry! I love to work with basic grey-papers! And I'm proud to be a DT-member for In2Stamps & to work with the lovely stamps!!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi girls, gorgeous DT cards, hope you had a fab Birthday Vix.
    My card is here
    Magnolia stamps have to be my favourite things, I only discovered them Easter time and am definitely hooked, they are so gorgeous and lovely to colour
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant DT I FORGOT ME PROMAKERS BUT ...HERE

    Here is my card

    HUGS LIZ XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a much more difficult challenge than I first thought. I've way too many favourites this year. My card can be found at I SPI. Thanks for this great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous work, everyone! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    Here is my project

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inspiration from the DT.
    here's mine
    I have used my favourite product which is Copic Ciaos, I love the versatility they give to my colouring.
    Happy New Year to you all.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya,
    Here's my card
    love your cards they are all fab!
    happy new year!
    Suzie qx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My entry is here, the one I am most proud of is the Vintage Girl in Hat.

    http://kymkreations.blogspot.com/

    I think tutorials are my favorite thing I have learned o use this year. I love searching and trying new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one was a no-brainer. My very favourite things, that I have both aquired and learned this year, are my ProMarkers, and my "cute" stamps, and digi stamps.
    My entry combines all of them. In fact, the Anya stamps were not the right size so I stamped them, scanned the stamped image and then resized them!
    Here it is - it is a calendar

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :)!!!!

    Here in my entry, I've added my favourites in my blog post x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year to all
    My entry is here
    I have so many favourite things - but I love digi-stamps and I have discovered so many interesting ways of creating flowers for your projects this year!
    Heres to more discoveries in 2010!
    Hugs SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great DT work! loved it.
    Here is my entry
    :)
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here Is my 2nd entry. I've used my promarkers on this one, I Love them so much! Just because I find them easy to use and whatever I do, promarkers seem to make everything looks a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great sample cards ladies, enjoyed reading all your favourites. You can find my card HERE.
    Happy New Year to you all.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had to delete my first attempt i didn't link it properly. I hope this one works. here! is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great challenge and Love the DT creations. Here is my card Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great Idea for a challenge. Thank you!!

    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great theme, really got me thinking over what I've done - and not done - in the past year :) Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the DT work, they are all very talented. Not sure what to choose as my favourite. I love the MME DP as it is lovely and thick and glittery and this pad has lovely colours. I also love my Promarkers and almost always colour with them. But I also love the little finishing touches like lace, flowers and jewels. Pretty much covers everything.

    Here's my card.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year to the DT whose creations are gorgeous. Here is my take on my favourite product over at DOING LIFE
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  32. Brilliant theme & great to get an insight of the DT. Here's mine! x Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hiya
    I LOVE this challenge..but theres so much to choose from! Gorgeous DT cards. here is mine
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. My favorite embellishments are Buttons and Primas!

    Here is my project

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic DT cards! What a great range of styles - very inspirational :) Thanks for the unique and fun challenge.

    Here's my card

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabby challenge!

    my card

    Thanks for looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi There,
    Happy New Year!

    HERE are my card madewith my favourite of last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, some fab DT cards!!
    My card is here
    My favourite thing has to be my Copics. It took me ages to get around to buying some, but now.... well I love'em.. need I say more!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great challenge. Love the DT cards, they all do such a nice job. What an inspiration. My card

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great challenge to start the new Year and fab DT cards - here's mine. Thanks for looking
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  42. my favorite thing since I have just bought a whole slew of them is stickles. Wow I love to glitter things up and this make it super easy! Her is my post http://kymkreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi ladies - First time on this challenge and loving it! Great inspiration from the DT! Here is my card:

    http://lovelylindascraftcentral.blogspot.com/2010/01/mmtpt75-flown-economy-lately.html

    Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Here is my entry

    My favs from 2009 on this card are: Copics, nesties and CC Designs stamps

    ReplyDelete
  45. Here is my 2nd entry.

    Favs on here are copics, nesties, Martha Stewart Border punches, digi images and InStyle Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  46. Here is my 3rd entry.

    Favs on this one - Copics, Nesties, Martha Stewart Border Punches, Digi Stamps and Soft Pencil Images

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous work everyone. My favourite technique at the moment has to be stamping, especially now I have discovered Tim Holtz distress inks and the Crafty individual stamps (a Christmas present from my hubby). You can see my card here

    http://carocrafts.blogspot.com/2010/01/sledging.html (in case the link didn't work!)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow !!! what a lovely bunch of wonderful cards you have all added xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. My all-time favourite is my cuttlebug machine. I don't know what I would do without it!
    here is my card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.